Thursday, January 22, 2009

Elder Bradford Jan. 22




Hello everybody!
Well, I'm on Day 16 at the MTC. Only 46 more to go, not that I'm counting. But seriously, the MTC is great. A lot of people are having trouble with getting used to it, but I've adapted pretty well. My companion's name is Elder Bolo, from Redding, CA. He just came to the U.S. two years ago from the Philippines, but he is very good at English for being here only two years. Now he'll be trilingual. He's also going to the Colorado Denver North mission, Spanish speaking, along with one other person from our district, Elder Shaw, from Charlotte, North Carolina. We used to have another in our district going to Denver (Elder Robinson), but he was too good at Spanish so he moved up to an intermediate district. There are 10 in all in our district, from such far corners of the earth as Payson Utah, Spanish Fork Utah, Orem Utah, and...get this, Rexburg Idaho! Out of the 10, two are from California, two are from North Carolina (go figure!) and the rest are from Utah and Idaho. Another weird fact about our district, I'm actually the tallest one. I'm not short, but I'm still not above 6 feet, so it feels good to be tall. We had another district come into our zone yesterday and they have some very tall guys. Anyway, I love our district and our zone, we get a long well.
The Spanish is coming along. A lot of people are getting frustrated with it, but people forget that we've only been here for 2 weeks. We're all doing very well considering it's only been 2 weeks. I already know how to pray and testify and get to know someone in Spanish pretty well. Spiritually, it's been great as well. High points include singing "How Firm a Foundation" as a whole congregation, watching the new Joseph Smith movie, and hearing Elder Jeffrey R. Holland address us at last Tuesday's devotional. I'm learning the lessons out of Preach My Gospel pretty well, and Elder Bolo and I are greatly improving at our ability to teach them.
The food is good most of the time and basketball is good all of the time. I've enjoyed the mail I've received. I don't feel too cooped up yet, but I can tell that in 7 weeks, I'll definitely be ready to get out of here and go to work.
I'm thinking of you and I'll keep you updated periodically.
Love,Elder David Bradford

No comments:

Post a Comment